• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Order Granting Relief from the automatic stay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elittle

What is the name of your state? CT

I filed brkcy in 2002. Fail behind on my mortgage due to an income cut in Jan -05. Was put on a stipulation from Jan to May-05. Paid the stipulation (back rearage) but after this during the months of Jun-Aug (05) i was late making a payment. Received the Order Granting Relief from the automatic stay on sept 8th. The following day I was paid to date. My question is, Will they take the home once this Order Granting Relief from the automatic stay is filed? What happens after this is filed? What can I do to keep my home?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

elittle said:
What is the name of your state? CT

Order Granting Relief from the automatic stay. Will they take the home once this is filed? What happens after this is filed?

My response:

The "stay" is lifted, and foreclosure begins.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

elittle said:
there's nothin i can do to stop it?

My response:

Sure there is!

All you have to do is pay what you owe. Either that, or start making little curtains for the cutout windows in your big cardboard box. Think of it as an adventure in living poor. You can also write a "thank you" letter to the guy you voted into office - - your friend and mine, President Bush.

IAAL

elittle

order granting relief

I'm not usre if it is alreday granted or if they have just filed a motion order granting a relief. I am suppose to disput it within 5 days. I suppose they will ask me to provide proof that I am upto date. I have bank statements and westren union receipts.

elittle

order granting relief

listen I am always liable. I am paid up tp date as of today. I haven't received a court date, just a copy of the affidavit of non-compliance with a stip, a copy of the proposed order, and a copy of all the parties they were served to. Do you think I have anything to worry about as I am paid up.

elittle

order granting a stay

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE, did you get my last thread sweetie? I asked, I am paid up to date as of today. I haven't received a court date, just a copy of the affidavit of non-compliance with a stip, a copy of the proposed order, and a copy of all the parties they were served to. Do you think I have anything to worry about as I am paid up. Please respond as you give good advice and seem to be very knowledgable.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

elittle said:
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE, did you get my last thread sweetie? I asked, I am paid up to date as of today. I haven't received a court date, just a copy of the affidavit of non-compliance with a stip, a copy of the proposed order, and a copy of all the parties they were served to. Do you think I have anything to worry about as I am paid up. Please respond as you give good advice and seem to be very knowledgable.

My response:

Sorry, I was discussing a point of law with an idiot. Note to self - - when you find yourself discussing law with an idiot, you could wind up explaining why they're wrong and they'd never "get it."

Anyway, you'll find out at your 341 Hearing and Meeting of Creditors. The Trustee may, however, determine that your payments on your home, to the exclusion of your other creditors, is an unfair "preference" to the singular creditor; i.e., your mortgagor. You may, in this instance, elect to convert to a Chapter 13 which affords you a five-year payment plan, which will at least pay something to your other creditors, or the Trustee might just decide to dismiss your Petition altogether.

IAAL

elittle

order granting a relief of stay

I am in a chapter 13 already.

I filed brkcy in 2002. Fail behind on my mortgage due to an income cut in Jan -05. Was put on a stipulation from Jan to May-05. Paid the stipulation (back rearage) but after this during the months of Jun-Aug (05) i was late making a payment. Received the Order Granting Relief from the automatic stay on sept 8th. The following day I was paid to date. My question is, Will they take the home once this Order Granting Relief from the automatic stay is filed? What happens after this is filed?

I'm not usre if it is alreday granted or if they have just filed a motion order granting a relief. I am suppose to disput it within 5 days. I suppose they will ask me to provide proof that I am upto date. I have bank statements and westren union receipts.

I am paid up tp date as of today. I haven't received a court date, just a copy of the affidavit of non-compliance with a stip, a copy of the proposed order, and a copy of all the parties they were served to. Do you think I have anything to worry about as I am paid up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">