• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchase a house a sheriff Sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cprincess1017

What is the name of your state? PA
I found a house going to Sheriff Sale 06/12/08. What is the best way to purchase this house? The house is not up for sale. Should I contact the Banks attorney? Should I write a letter to the owners? Do you think the bank would agree to a short sale.. The bank is Bank of New York..

Any advise would be helpful

thanks

Christine

nextwife

The Sheriff's Sale may be needed to clear title, so a short sale MAY not be possible. Contact the lender and see if they will entertain an offer subject to their getting title and your inspection.

cprincess1017

Spoke to Banks Attorney

They told me there is nothing to do except contact the seller or go to the sale.. Any ideas on how I can maybe purchase this house prior to sheriff sale?

nextwife

Contact the seller and pay enough, quickly enough to stop the FC. I've closed many last minute deals that funded prior to confirmation of Sheriff's Sale, or prior to Sheriff's Sale..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">