• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mctia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?North Carolina. I have received a notice of foreclosure date and a date for the month after that when my home will be sold. Since I will be bascally homeless, do I have to me out at the time of foreclosure or sell? What should I expect to happen at the time of foreclosure, will they post a notice at my home?

cosine

If the new owner chooses not to allow you to live in the house, they can evict you. That process concludes with the sheriff coming in to remove you and all your belongings if you don't do it yourself before that time ... or something equivalent to that. Once you are removed, re-entering is trespass (and technically may have been prior to that as well). Re-entering would get you arrested, jailed, and eventually facing a judge. You best start now to look for a place to move your belongings to and live at.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">