• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ezam ora

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana

ok, long story. I refinanced my home and when I did, my husband signed a quick claim deed giving all rights to the home to me. I came into some bad luck and I am going through a foreclosure in Indiana.

My husband filed bankruptcy and it was just recently discharged. I just received the summons regarding my foreclosure and it came to both of us. One to me and one to him. We thought when he signed the quick claim deed at the time of my refinanceing, that he would not be on the mortgage any longer making him not responsible for it.

And during his bankrupty, the judge did noticed and made a comment thathe (my husband) was giving up rights to the home.

Can this happen? Can they put and make my husband responsible for my foreclosure?

Were both names on the refinanced loan or just yours? If his was on it then yes he is still responsible for the loan. If not then show all matters concerning the house are in your name only.

The quit claim deed does not affect the loan.

HomeGuru

ezam ora said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana

ok, long story. I refinanced my home and when I did, my husband signed a quick claim deed giving all rights to the home to me. I came into some bad luck and I am going through a foreclosure in Indiana.

My husband filed bankruptcy and it was just recently discharged. I just received the summons regarding my foreclosure and it came to both of us. One to me and one to him. We thought when he signed the quick claim deed at the time of my refinanceing, that he would not be on the mortgage any longer making him not responsible for it.

And during his bankrupty, the judge did noticed and made a comment thathe (my husband) was giving up rights to the home.

Can this happen? Can they put and make my husband responsible for my foreclosure?

**A: yes it can happen because he is still on the mortgage loan.

mdcsoft

ezam ora said:
I refinanced my home and when I did, my husband signed a quick claim deed giving all rights to the home to me. I came into some bad luck and I am going through a foreclosure in Indiana.
I read this as saying that she refinanced the loan in her name, and her husband did a QCD to her. In that case, he shouldn't be on the mortgage or on title. Unless I'm missing something. Can you clarify by telling us who signed the mortgage on the refi?

Happy Trails

mdcsoft said:
I read this as saying that she refinanced the loan in her name, and her husband did a QCD to her. In that case, he shouldn't be on the mortgage or on title. Unless I'm missing something. Can you clarify by telling us who signed the mortgage on the refi?
Mdcsoft, you need to remove you advertising from your post. It is a violation of the Terms and Conditions of this site.

Use of the Forums is subject to our Terms and Conditions which prohibit advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages, or false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, or harassing messages, and subject violators to a fee for each improper posting.....
Now I'm just going to let Mary deal with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">