• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Property Liens & Mortgages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karriwhel

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

My parents just took out a mortgage on their house. In Texas it is required that the mortgage company keep in escrow any and all civil real property judgement liens for 60 days and then the mortgage company issues a check to the lien holder afterward. My parents are both stubborn and do not want to give in to the lien holder because they feel it was a bogus judgement in the first place. They would rather hire a lawyer and pay a lawyer the money versus give the lien holder his payment. Thing is they waited a little late to consider their options. They now have a couple of days to find a lawyer before their 60 days is up. My question: Is there any way that they can request or a lawyer request that the lien company hold to the money longer than 60 days while they either go to court or figure out what documents they need to file, etc..? What options do they really have?

Any and all replies are appreciated! Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">