• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refinance Home with Lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Biz101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

I own a small business which has $9,900 left on a $120,000 loan. I also have a $60,000 Line of Credit for the business. Both loans have a lien on my personal home mortgage. I would like to refinance my mortgage to pay off the remaining $9,900 business loan and to reduce my interest rate (currently 7.5%). The mortgage is not with the same bank I use for business, but since the bank I use for business controls the liens, they said I could move my mortgage to them, they would subjegate the liens to do so.
My question is: If the business were to go south, would I be better protected to not lose my home if I did not have my home mortgage with the business bank, assuming that if the business went south, I kept the current mortgage payments ongoing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">