• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refinance with Lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rofja

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO

What happens in a situation where a refinance was being done and after the loan was closed a tax lien shows up on the title. It was known by me that money was owed but there was not a lien at the time. Then in between closing and the new company getting on title the lien was placed and now new company says can't do the loan. The new company paid off the old mtg though and the old mtg company released the title as they were paid off. Now the new company can't get on title. I have not heard from them since they told me they couldn't do the loan, not knowing they had paid off old mtg, or the lien was placed etc. What happens now? Not trying to get out of anything but stuck right now. Old mtg company said account is closed and I no longer have a loan with them.

rofja

I don't know. I know I signed the bottom of a page where on one part it asked if there were any judgements against me. At the time there was not.
I just had received letters from the state saying I owed them money. Part of the reason for refinance was to free up some money to make payments not knowing they were filing a lien. To this date I have not received anything in the mail about the liens either. I just know because the mtg co. told me and I have since went to the county court website and saw where it was filed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">