• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refinanced too soon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nash_rack1

State: California

I refinance my home mortgage in Jan 1st week. The broker said that I cannot refinance in 3 months. I turns out that the papers I signed said I cannot refinance in 120 days. I refinanced again in April end (in 104 days) - 16 days too early. Now the first bank is asking for about $6400 reimbursement. Is there a way to settle this issue with smaller amount? $6400 seems lot of money for just 16 days gap.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I agree that I should have read the papers more carefully before signing.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
State: California

I refinance my home mortgage in Jan 1st week. The broker said that I cannot refinance in 3 months. I turns out that the papers I signed said I cannot refinance in 120 days. I refinanced again in April end (in 104 days) - 16 days too early. Now the first bank is asking for about $6400 reimbursement. Is there a way to settle this issue with smaller amount? $6400 seems lot of money for just 16 days gap.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I agree that I should have read the papers more carefully before signing.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You signed a contract. The contract is controlling.

JETX

Is there a way to settle this issue with smaller amount?
Of course there is. All you have to do is try to negotiate a lesser amount and get the agreement in writing. Of course, they don't have to negotiate with you at all.
Simply, you signed an agreement with a specific time frame. You breached your agreement and now have to accept the consequences of YOUR action.

HUD-1

Did your old lender provide the wrong payoff figure? How did the new loan close if the attorney was not satisfied that your old loan was paid off?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">