• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removing A Name From Title & Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikkinik126

I am currently living in Baltimore, MD. My ex fiancee & I purchased a home together this past year with him as primary borrower & myself as secondary. Things haven't been going well between us & I would like to remove myself from the home & continue on my way. My options that I am aware of are selling the home, 2nd person buy me out, 2nd person refinance under own income.

I tried to have a sane & adult conversation w/my ex on the above issue & he refuses to do any of the choices I have listed above. My only other option that I have is to file a partition w/the courts & force him to sell the home if he will not cooperate with me. Since that discussion he has threatend that the remainder time spent in the home will be as if I am living in "hell". I am a bit concerned to that comment since my family is 180 miles away & it is just myself & my 2 dogs. I am concerned w/all of our safety.

I would like to know if their are any other options out there for me in order to proceed to remove myself from this mortgage & how quickly I can go about doing this so that I may move my items from the premise. I would like to obtain the $$ I put into the home $4000 & my name removed from all documents. Please help! Thank you.

BelizeBreeze

I am currently living in Baltimore, MD. My ex fiancee & I purchased a home together this past year with him as primary borrower & myself as secondary. Things haven't been going well between us & I would like to remove myself from the home & continue on my way. My options that I am aware of are selling the home, 2nd person buy me out, 2nd person refinance under own income.

I tried to have a sane & adult conversation w/my ex on the above issue & he refuses to do any of the choices I have listed above. My only other option that I have is to file a partition w/the courts & force him to sell the home if he will not cooperate with me. Since that discussion he has threatend that the remainder time spent in the home will be as if I am living in "hell". I am a bit concerned to that comment since my family is 180 miles away & it is just myself & my 2 dogs. I am concerned w/all of our safety.

I would like to know if their are any other options out there for me in order to proceed to remove myself from this mortgage & how quickly I can go about doing this so that I may move my items from the premise. I would like to obtain the $$ I put into the home $4000 & my name removed from all documents. Please help! Thank you.
Three options come immediately to mind:

1. Whiteout

2. Make HIS life hell until he comes around.

3. File Partition and tell him to kiss your ass.

tranquility

If you really, really can't come to agreement, your only option is a partition lawsuit. It will cost a lot of money for both of you. With the economics of the situation, I'd forget about ever seeing the money you put into the house again. You are probably going to be out money after the attorney's fees have been paid.

I would recommend going to couple's counseling. There obviously is a lot of emotion and passion between you and your ex...and there is a reason you were engaged in the first place. There has to be a way to work things out and I bet he doesn't want you to leave and abandon him. You both have invested a lot in each other and I'd try to work it out if possible. Going to court isn't the magic cure all for sure and will probably make the matter much worse. Good luck and I hope things work out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">