• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Response letter to Foreclosure Summons in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lourdesmz

What is the name of your state? Florida

We have a couple of days to respond to a summons from the bank to foreclosure on our home. We don't have the funds now to hire a lawyer for just write the letter. We do need to write it ourselves and file it in court.

We need a sample letter for the state of Florida that we can see and copy according to our case.

We were adviced that we could go to the court, ask for public records and copy some of the ones already filed, but I don't have transportation now to go so far.

Our plans are to file the response letter and then hire a lawyer to process a Chapter 13 for us in order to save our home and make plans to repay all our debts.

Please help,

Lourdes:confused:

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Most people do not realize that they can stop foreclosure even if they stopped paying their mortgage. Many recent cases have been filed improperly and an experienced attorney can assist with the identification and filing of substantive and procedural defenses with the court and vigorously defend your case. Due to the lender's actions, omissions or other facts surrounding your case, you may be able to stop making mortgage payments and stay in your home while your attorney vigorously defends your property. This does not necessarily mean that you will not have to pay the loan back or completely Stop Foreclosure. It is possible to completely Stop Foreclosure if the bank or lender is in violation of the Florida Unfair Lending Act or other predatory lending practices. If the lender has committed such a violation, the entire principal and interest balance may be waived and the mortgage may be voided. This may not be relevant in your case. But, at the very least, a successful defense can do is buy you precious time to:

* Stay in your home
* Negotiate a work-out with the bank
* Sell your home for a fair price
* Refinance your home at a fair rate
* Continue to collect rent on the property
* Apply for a Court Ordered repayment plan
* File a Chapter 13 or 7 Bankruptcy

When home owners are faced with the reality of facing a potential foreclosure, many experience a state of paralysis. They don't know what to do. Selling the home may not be an option since the equity appears to have vanished. To fight foreclosure or not? That is the question. Clouding the answer is perhaps the biggest misconception, "Hiring an attorney is not a cost-effective option." If I can't afford to pay my mortgage, then how in the world can I afford to hire a competent attorney? And why should I, if I am upside down in my home? First of all, EVERYONE can and should hire an attorney to represent them in their foreclosure case. There are many competent attorneys who specialize in this area. Due to the growing number of these cases, many attorneys have become "experts" in this area. Due to the fact that most of these cases are very similar, many excellent attorneys have experienced staff and can offer extremely affordable payment arrangements. Most people don't know that once the foreclosure proceeding has started, the bank will not accept any future mortgage payments - doing so may adversely affect their ability to foreclose on your property. Furthermore, the bank pays any delinquent real estate taxes and the insurance on the property. In summation, once the bank files a foreclosure lawsuit, most of the homeowner's expenses are being paid by the bank (mortgage, taxes and insurance). However, as the legal owner of the house with full possession, you have all the rights associated with same including residing in your home, collecting rents on the property, etc. Imagine the "EQUITY" you can save / build, if you fight the foreclosure case for a year or more. The cost of qualified legal representation is a drop in the bucket compared to your typical home ownership overhead. Time is money and the real estate and financial markets are likely to turn around. The hiring of the right attorney will save you thousands of actual dollars, in addition to thousands in time value of money. Its really a no-brainer.

Respectfully Submitted,
Charles L Neustein
Foreclosure Lawyer - Foreclosure Attorney - Stop Foreclosure - House Foreclosure Home
**A: are you paying to advertise here?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">