• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

short sale or loan modification?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mtpockets

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Is it common practice for lenders to postpone foreclosure auctions and pay past and future property taxes because they are considering a short sale?

Is it more likely that the postponement and payment of past and future property taxes occurred in the context of a loan modification or partial reinstatement?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

seniorjudge

Is it common practice for lenders to postpone foreclosure auctions and pay past and future property taxes because they are considering a short sale?

Is it more likely that the postponement and payment of past and future property taxes occurred in the context of a loan modification or partial reinstatement?

What did the lender say when you asked your questions?

mtpockets

I am not the owner/borrower

I am trying to verify information that is being given to me.

If lenders routinely pay property taxes on properties going into foreclosure, then the transaction means nothing. However, if they do so only under certain circumstances, the transaction may be an indication of what is going on.

I see from other posts that lenders pay property taxes on REO's. It seems odd that they would pay property taxes before they are legally obligated to do so.:confused:

acc23

Does it vary from state to state and bank to bank?

Does it vary from state to state and bank to bank?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">