• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Show me the note question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

Greetings.. I was wondering the best way to be to force Bank of America to show me my mortgage note?

I am current with my payments, not behind, or not in foreclosure. (at least to my knowledge)

HOWEVER, I keep getting letters and statements from time to time about other servicers who claim they are now servicing my account. I would like this evidence to show these banks, collection agencies, or whoever they are they do not own my note, or use this for court if one happens to foreclose.

In all honestly, the only way I know Bank Of America is the company servicing my mortgage is because they paid property taxes and hazard insurance from my escrow. I really have no hard evidence Bank of America is servicing my account either. I've been paying them all along.

The trouble started when my former lender, (Taylor, Bean, and Whittaker) was shut down by the feds. I had no idea where my mortgage went or who had it. I had no idea where to pay my mortgage to for almost 3 months. Then I get three letters from 3 different companies each requesting 3 payments to immediately get caught up. At that time my hazard insurance lapsed, eventually Bank Of America paid it, and I immediately sent Bank Of America 3 payments to get caught up, as I assumed they were the owner of my note.. I have been paying them since.

I was wondering is it best to hire an attorney to have BOA produce the note? I tried doing this on my own.. I get no response.. I'm fairly certain BOA is who I need to pay, I just want to make sure the money is going to correct lender, so I am not all of a sudden receiving a foreclosure notice if I should have been paying someone else.

Last edited:

nextwife

If the loan was SOLD, the assignment should be of record either through MERs or the county recorder. You are free to check those public records. If they only sold serving, they still OWN the loan, but may have assigned payment processing responsibilities to a servicer.

They are NOT going to be sending the original note out and about to appease your curiousity. That will remain safely in their collateral envelope vault unless needed for a legal proceeding.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">