• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is There A Way To Stop A Foreclosure On My Mobile Home?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flvflst

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA I have a 1977 Mobile Home, single wide in a park. The past two years I have had a lot of financial and personal problems. My credit is now terrible. I'm unable to re-finance because of the age of the home and I don't have good enough credit to get a personal loan. I don't have anyone I can borrow it from or that could co-sign a loan for me. There is only $864. left to pay it off. The mortgage company gave me an extension. I asked for three months, but they only approved it for two months. They want to revert the extension now, putting me three months behind. Then they'll start foreclosure if I can't pay the three payments. Does anyone know how I can stop the foreclosure? or get any help? I've lived in the house for seven yrs and I don't want to lose it. I have a young daughter who was just diagnosed with a disibility. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank You!

C

cwallred

call attorney general of your state

I live in North Carolina,I was having trouble with a credit card company,so I contacted the Attorney Generals Office in North Carolina, and they had a little talk with the credit card company and it helped me a lot. If nothing else they can give you advise on what you can and can not do. If you child has a disability I don't know if they can through you out or not?

Souix

flvflst said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA I have a 1977 Mobile Home, single wide in a park. The past two years I have had a lot of financial and personal problems. My credit is now terrible. I'm unable to re-finance because of the age of the home and I don't have good enough credit to get a personal loan. I don't have anyone I can borrow it from or that could co-sign a loan for me. There is only $864. left to pay it off. The mortgage company gave me an extension. I asked for three months, but they only approved it for two months. They want to revert the extension now, putting me three months behind. Then they'll start foreclosure if I can't pay the three payments. Does anyone know how I can stop the foreclosure? or get any help? I've lived in the house for seven yrs and I don't want to lose it. I have a young daughter who was just diagnosed with a disibility. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank You!

***Gee whiz, is that all thats left to pay off? Do you have a credit card you can get a cash advance on and then make the monthly payments to the credit card company? I sure wouldn't let the bank take it back, but then why would they even want it? They are very hard to sell because financing for an old singlewide is practically nonexistent***

T

treefon

Pay as much as you can

While you explore the above mentioned options start sending the mortgage company as much as you can spare. Those few bucks can show the court that you intend to pay the debt in good faith and may buy you some more time with the mortgage company. Even as little as $20 bucks a week can tip the scales in your favor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">