• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

USDA loan refinance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sando

What is the name of your state? New Mexico.
I have had a mortgage through USDA Rural Housing since 1997. The original loan was 69,0000, I currently owe 62,000 plus the subsidized amount, which would be about 17,000 (possibly 4,000 less for capital improvements.) I have this home on the market so I can move to Albuquerque. It has been on the market for a year, has not sold because I originally asked too much, chose the wrong realty company initially, and the layout of the house is unusual, i.e. the living room is upstairs. I have gone down on the price to 119,900, chose an ambitious well known realtor; I understand that if I refinance I can save 25% on repaying my subsidy. I realize I should have done this a year ago, but is it something I should still consider to save that 25%? I feel I am much closer to selling so it would be refinancing and then probably selling within 3 months of doing so. My credit is excellent. My current interest rate is 7.25. Would it be worth it to refinance now and would any company do it, knowing it is on the market? Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">