+ Reply to Thread
    bessiemartin is offline Junior Member

Question warranty deed with relinquishment of dower and curtesy

What is the name of your state?Arkansas
    I took over my brothers contract from private individual,because of default, and he signed a warranty deed with relinquishment of dower and curtesy, with the owners approval, I was trying to establish a 6month term of paying the payment so I could refinance and lower my payments and use the equity to do some cleanup and repairs, then my brother went to owner and said he wanted the property back, the the warranty deed is in my name, money passed hands and was noterized and recorded, and I have not defaulted on any payments can the owner just breach his contract because he likes my brother better then me, thanks for any advice, Bessie
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie******
    What is the name of your state?Arkansas
    I took over my brothers contract from private individual,because of default, and he signed a warranty deed with relinquishment of dower and curtesy, with the owners approval, I was trying to establish a 6month term of paying the payment so I could refinance and lower my payments and use the equity to do some cleanup and repairs, then my brother went to owner and said he wanted the property back, the the warranty deed is in my name, money passed hands and was noterized and recorded, and I have not defaulted on any payments can the owner just breach his contract because he likes my brother better then me, thanks for any advice, Bessie

**A: what the heck are you talking about? Whose name is currently on the deed?
    bessiemartin is offline Junior Member

names on deed

arkansas;my husbands and my name are on the deed and recorded with the courthouse, my brother-in-law then went to landowner 3 months after we took it over and told some kind of story or lie to get the landowner to believe we somehow lied about something and now the landowner says we are squatters and have to vacate our house even though we have never defaulted on any payment or ever lied about anything, can he do anything legally if we do not default, he says he would not sell for a 145,000.00 now, and our contract is for 69,900.00 and we only owe landowner around 40,000.00, he can't change terms now unless we default, correct?
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie******
    arkansas;my husbands and my name are on the deed and recorded with the courthouse, my brother-in-law then went to landowner 3 months after we took it over and told some kind of story or lie to get the landowner to believe we somehow lied about something and now the landowner says we are squatters and have to vacate our house even though we have never defaulted on any payment or ever lied about anything, can he do anything legally if we do not default, he says he would not sell for a 145,000.00 now, and our contract is for 69,900.00 and we only owe landowner around 40,000.00, he can't change terms now unless we default, correct?

**A: we still have no idea what you are talking about. Hire an attoney and confuse him or her.

Question you are on title

You are on title. Until you quit off the title, the seller &/or your bro in-law can't do much. WHO are you making the payments to? If you are making payments to the seller/ land contract holder, you're fine.
    Retain an attorney and DON'T sign off of the title.
    The seller & your brother in law are obviously up to something...

good luck,
    Last edited by m martin; 10-05-2005 at 03:38 PM.