• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happens if I stop paying my mortgage on mobile home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ataloss

What is the name of your state? MO
I have a 1999 manufactured home in a mobile home park. I am living with my mother and can no longer afford my mortgage or lot rent or property taxes. I owe more on the home than I can possibly get selling and no one will try to sell it for that reason. I no longer live in MO and need to find out my options for getting out from under this house. What happens if I stop paying the mortgage?

weenor

The bank will foreclose and sell the home. Then it will sue you for the difference between what the home sold for, and the amount you owe on the loan. They will try to find you to accomplish service. If they don't find you, they will serve by publication in a local MO paper, and then take a default judgment in the amount owed when you do not appear at the hearing.

C

CALIF-LAWPRO45

ataloss said:
What is the name of your state? MO
I have a 1999 manufactured home in a mobile home park. I am living with my mother and can no longer afford my mortgage or lot rent or property taxes. I owe more on the home than I can possibly get selling and no one will try to sell it for that reason. I no longer live in MO and need to find out my options for getting out from under this house. What happens if I stop paying the mortgage?

My response:

Congratulations!

Your initial post was copied and just became a Runner-Up in our end-of-the-year, "Best Trailer Trash Story" contest, being held on December 15, 2006 and the winner will be chosen by popular vote on that date!

Thank you! Make sure to come back on December 15, 2006 to see if you're our Grand Prize winner! Our 2004 Winner walked away with a brand new Chevrolet "Corvette" convertible!

Yes, I know it's incredible, and I know you're blushing with pride - - but, believe it or not, your post could be our Grand Prize winner for 2006! We're giving away TERRIFIC PRIZES! For further Details, Rules, and Prize list, click on this link for more information:

http://petit.philou.free.fr/

IAAL

weenor

CALIF-LAWPRO45 said:
My response:

Congratulations!

Your initial post was copied and just became a Runner-Up in our end-of-the-year, "Best Trailer Trash Story" contest, being held on December 15, 2006 and the winner will be chosen by popular vote on that date!

Thank you! Make sure to come back on December 15, 2006 to see if you're our Grand Prize winner! Our 2004 Winner walked away with a brand new Chevrolet "Corvette" convertible!

Yes, I know it's incredible, and I know you're blushing with pride - - but, believe it or not, your post could be our Grand Prize winner for 2006! We're giving away TERRIFIC PRIZES! For further Details, Rules, and Prize list, click on this link for more information:

http://petit.philou.free.fr/

IAAL

You and tornados- magnets:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">