• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

0 lot line easment ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevin1234

What is the name of your state?CA

HI ,I moved into a 0 lot line housing area. It is a house not a condo, no association.

My neighbor has built a planter upto my house and attached to my house.

He now want to build a brick wall against my house so the kids can bounce the ball against it since I have to keep asking them to stop bouncing the balls against my house.

There should be some easement rules stating he has use of the area but not for structures, etc. I believe something to the effect of CC&R's ?? may exist somewhere.

Would these explain what is & is not permitted. Is there some other general agreeements that should exist?

Where would I look to get ahold of any CC&R's or similar as I am not the original owner and have just recently learned something like this may exist.

Any other suggestions - hoping for a freindly but protective solution.

Thanks
Kevin

FarmerJ

start with your city hall zoning offices to learn what the city will allow and wont , then recheck all the documents that came with the house when you bought it . LAST you still may have to have a real estate atty help you review them if you dont understand any of the language you find in the docs for the house .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">