• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Access Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tlbowers

What is the name of your state? WA

I own property with an existing access easement to two other homes along with my own (the easement belongs to me). The verbiage of the easement is "This easement will be limited to THREE RESIDENCES" of which one of these is mine. The other property owners have added another residence to their property bringing the total residences accessed by the easement to Four.

Do I have any recourse in this action? Does the existing easement limiting the access to THREE residences mean anything? and if so, am I entitiles to renumeration? And should the County be responsible to verifing that the access was appropriate.

Thanks for your feedback.What is the name of your state?

FarmerJ

Your county govt center can verify if the access meets code for that many homes and can verify if the 4th unit had permits filed. BUT to end the 4th units use of the easement Your going to have to speak with a real estate atty, Have on hand when you do all documents that spell out the easment and its use. Then perhaps you want to atleast see where the other property owner is at with this (the one who did not add another unit to land) Also learn from your county just what is involved with the county or your township taking over a road so this way you know if it can be easily done or not.

John Se

this will go nowhere

whats your beef? seems like you neighbors added another hous (guesthouse), residences means lots, the easement accesses three lots right. and your statement "easement belongs to me" is way off. An easement is your interest in someone elses property, like a strip of land to be used for access. the neighbors Own and easement on YOU. because they need it to cross your land

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">