• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

access to the house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ipcpr12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Puerto Rico
I want to buy a house and the neighbor has closed the main entrance which was a verbal agreement from the current owner due to previous problmes with people that lived there. Now I want to open the entrance again and he has said he won't and it is closed with a fence he built. I don't want to use a lawyer for this. What law should I go through and what forms should I submit?Thank you

FarmerJ

Your going to have to research PR law or speak to a atty who practices in real estate law in PR. Of course another option is to not buy the home and look for another.

HuAi

Or make the purchase conditional on the current owner resolving this issue (e.g. via an easement)

OHRoadwarrior

Or make the purchase conditional on the current owner resolving this issue (e.g. via an easement)
This also relies on standards of Puerto Rican law being comparable to that of the US. I have been involved in issues in Mexico, where applications of law have more to do with relationships than legality. I would not chance that myself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">