• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

access rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VictorRamos

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I am hoping for some advice on an easement issue that I am facing with a local business cutting off vehicular and pedestrian access to the rear of our property. My mother has polio and her only ingress/egress since purchasing the property in 1978 was through the rear. I have also been parking my vehicle in our yard since 1985 with the former owners permission.
Now the organization is placing a fence surrounding the parking lot and around our property. I was never notified of any hearings concerning this. And I thought there was a grandfather clause in the real estate law?
I would kindly appreciate any help you may offer on the subject.

Respectfully,

Victor Ramos

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I am hoping for some advice on an easement issue that I am facing with a local business cutting off vehicular and pedestrian access to the rear of our property. My mother has polio and her only ingress/egress since purchasing the property in 1978 was through the rear. I have also been parking my vehicle in our yard since 1985 with the former owners permission.
Now the organization is placing a fence surrounding the parking lot and around our property. I was never notified of any hearings concerning this. And I thought there was a grandfather clause in the real estate law?
I would kindly appreciate any help you may offer on the subject.

Respectfully,

Victor Ramos
Does the deed grant you an easement?

FlyingRon

Permissive use can be revoked at any time unfortunately. You need to have your mom (I'm presuming she is the owner and you are not, in which case YOU have no rights PERIOD) needs to consult a lawyer to see what the situation is exactly. You may first wish to see if you can negotiate a gate or something with the other property owner.

(Have you posted about this before, this sounds familiar).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">