• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adverse Possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

warrior35

What is the name of your state?Illinois

I bought an empty lot in a subdivision 3 years ago. In the front of the lot there are 3 property pins because the lot is on a curve in the road. The neighbor on the right side bought his property in 1970. In search for his property pins he found the middle pin on my property and thought this was the edge of his property. He has mowed this section since he purchased his. I am now trying to sell my lot but he is arguing the fact that that piece of property from the middle pin to the outside pin is his property. He was not aware that the land was ever anyone else's but his. His lawyer sent a letter to my realtor saying he owns it by adverse possession. Is this true?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">