• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adverse Possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shopteacher

What is the name of your state? Pa
In 2001 I bought property adjacent to mine. The bottom part of the property borders a campground. The original owner of the campground placed water and electric hookups on part of it without permission from the previous owners of this property. Since then campground has been sold twice, the second time about 2002. These hookups have never been removed and now that I own it I want to remove them. Can I just take them out? Also my brother has said there is a law (adverse possession) that at some point they might be able to claim that portion of land? Where can I get particulars on that law with regards to Pa?

BelizeBreeze

This is not a case of Adverse Possession. If you have a CURRENT survey showing the hookups on your land, then send the owners a certified (rrr) letter demanding they remedy the 'tresspass' within two weeks or you will have the court remedy the situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">