• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adverse possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DRUSSELL13

What is the name of your state? Florida
We bought a house almost 9 years ago. And the owner of the house gave me a permit of when the fence was put up. The house next door has been sold twice since we moved in. Now it has come to our attention the fence in the backyard is on my neighbor yard by 4 feet. Nothing was ever said to us with the other 2 previous owners. The fence has been there 11 years that we know of, it could be more. Do we have to move the fence or can we claim it to adverse possession?

BelizeBreeze

boundary by agreement and boundary by acquiescence

McDonald v. Givens, 509 So. 2d 992, (1st DCA 1987).McDonald v. O'Steen, 429 So. 2d 407, (1st DCA 1983); Seton v. Swann, 650 So. 2d 35, (Fla. 1995); Reil v. Myers, 222 So. 2d 42, (Fla. 4th DCA 1969); Euse v. Gibbs, 49 So. 2d 843, (Fla. 1951).

HomeGuru

DRUSSELL13 said:
We bought a house almost 9 years ago. And the owner of the house gave me a permit of when the fence was put up.

**A: what exactly does this permit issue mean?

DRUSSELL13

HomeGuru said:
DRUSSELL13 said:
We bought a house almost 9 years ago. And the owner of the house gave me a permit of when the fence was put up.

**A: what exactly does this permit issue mean?
this permits was for the fence that was put up. and was stamped and signed by the zoning department. and was also signed when the fence was done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">