• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adverse possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iayayam47

WISCONSIN, do i need a licensed surveyor to take measurements from center of town road to my line fence, a new survey has blocked easement ... a four rod road?? if that matters.... would like to use just a family member for cost reasons. i am 72 years old and disabled. do i need a lawyer for this adverse possession ? This property has been in the family for 72 years. the line fence is down but can still be found with metal detector and in places it is embedded in some very old trees.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

For an adverse possession lawsuit, you need a registered surveyor's survey, a title report from a title insurance company in the county where the land is, and a lawyer.

nextwife

What he said! Preferably a real estate lawyer.

BTW: Surveyors use very precise equipment. Even a knowledgable surveyor cannot reproduce their own survey without such equipment available to them for the process. You, as a layperson, can't begin to create a proper formal survey, submittable to the court for legal action.

nextwife

What he said. Preferably a real estate lawyer.

BTW: Surveyors use very precise equipment. Even a knowledgable surveyor cannot reproduce their own survey without such equipment available to them for the process. You, as a layperson, can't begin to create a proper formal survey, submittable to the court for legal action.

iayayam47

WISCONSIN, do i need a licensed surveyor to take measurements from center of town road to my line fence, a new survey has blocked easement ... a four rod road?? if that matters.... would like to use just a family member for cost reasons. i am 72 years old and disabled. do i need a lawyer for this adverse possession ? This property has been in the family for 72 years. the line fence is down but can still be found with metal detector and in places it is embedded in some very old trees.
thank you for advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">