• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice on loud neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deepgroover

I live in Houston Texas.
I live in a condominium which I own, and next door to me is a unit leased out by the owner. Recently a family (mother, father, two small children) moved in, and each evening for hours one or both of the children scream so loudly I can hear it in the back room...over the sound of my TV set!
Since our condos are like apartments, we share a wall. I'm not really wanting to confront the tenant, so I'd like to know if there's any legal recourse I may have. I've never had such a problem before, so any good advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.
To be more specific, I am usually home around 6pm each weekday evening, and this noise usually goes on intermittently until as late as 10pm.
Our property has a management company, but I didn't know if this pertains to them.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mlane58

I'm not really wanting to confront the tenant, so I'd like to know if there's any legal recourse I may have.
So, instead of trying to be a good neighbor, you would rather start legal proceedings of some sort, when the issue could be resolved very easily by talking rationally to the parents. You are a real piece of work!

Deepgroover

A personal reply to mlane58

I resent the tone of your reply, and consider you fortunate to cower behind the anonymity of this forum. I choose to post a question to ask competent (obviously excluding you) people for advice on legal options for my problem. This forum is for that purpose. Perhaps it didn't occur to your limited capacity to reason I might like to know if the police can be involved, based on the noise factor. Your narrow-minded assumption I wish to "start legal proceedings" is a waste of time. In the future why don't you leave this space for qualified people to answer my questions, and leave your windbag rhetoric for some other unfortunate soul.
To everyone else....I'd still be grateful for any legitimate input on what options I have to pursue the matter. Thanks very much.

mlane58

I resent the tone of your reply, and consider you fortunate to cower behind the anonymity of this forum.
Really? who is is cowering? bring it on.
I choose to post a question to ask competent (obviously excluding you) people for advice on legal options for my problem.
It would appear that you are not the competent one as you don't possess sufficient mental ability to understand an the issue you describe and you can't make a reasonable decision concerning it; and you certaintly don't understand or appreciate the potential consequences of that decision.
Your narrow-minded assumption I wish to "start legal proceedings" is a waste of time.
Really? it would appear from your first post, that is exactly what you were seeking
I'm not really wanting to confront the tenant, so I'd like to know if there's any legal recourse I may have.
For someone who is trying to pass themselves off as an intelligent individual, you really come across as an ignorant, self centered and unsociable jerk.

HomeGuru

I resent the tone of your reply, and consider you fortunate to cower behind the anonymity of this forum. I choose to post a question to ask competent (obviously excluding you) people for advice on legal options for my problem. This forum is for that purpose. Perhaps it didn't occur to your limited capacity to reason I might like to know if the police can be involved, based on the noise factor. Your narrow-minded assumption I wish to "start legal proceedings" is a waste of time. In the future why don't you leave this space for qualified people to answer my questions, and leave your windbag rhetoric for some other unfortunate soul.
To everyone else....I'd still be grateful for any legitimate input on what options I have to pursue the matter. Thanks very much.
**A: dear DeepakGroovy, thanks for this post. You just lost your chance at getting the real facts from an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">