• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Afterhours Trespassing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dontdothat317

What is the name of your state? CA

My girlfriend and I go to the jacuzzi late at night, after 10pm which is the common area's closing time, once or twice a week. Its just the two of us, and we don't drink and go or be loud. We've never had a noise complaint or anything of that sort. The reason we go so late is because we have late classes during the week and work till late on weekends and we enjoy winding down.

This last weekend a security guard came and kicked us out. No biggie, we left.

But had the security guard decided to call the police, what is the worst consequence that could have resulted?

FarmerJ

Ill bet the police might have stayed out of the matter because it was a minor matter on private property that was supposed to be under LLs control , BUT I wouldnt be shocked if the security guard made a effort to learn wich unit you live in, If no effort was made this time consider your self fortunate . There could be nothing that comes of this first time you got caught but dont count on it the next time around. Your LL could use it against you eventually to make a claim that you were breaching the lease by breaking rules. The LL has set hours of use for it , your schedule is not your LLs problem.

It would really depend on what town/city/state you live in. Our city would respond and ticket the person for trespassing (small town...cops have nothing better to do). However,security probably reports to management which in turn will give you a violation to your lease agreement.

dontdothat317

ah thats interesting. Yeah I suppose I'll look over my lease. We are on very good terms with our leasing office and have been non-delinquent tenants for over two years here. Thanks for the responses folks.

But in terms of this type of trespassing, its not a felony or anything?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">