• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I liable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SkinnyDoug

What is the name of your state? Arizona

About a year ago I find a meter reader from the local power company had walked about 300 feet across my property no where near where my meter is. So I ask him what's up. It turns out my next door neighbor called the power company and told them they could no longer come on her property to read her meter so they are coming through my property to read her meter with some kind of a radio receiver. I guess these meters emit a radio signal and they can read them from hundreds of feet away.

It's not that big of a deal that the meter reader is walking and or driving across my property although I wish they wouldn't. What I'm worried about is am I liable if the meter reader gets bitten by a rattlesnake or trips, falls or gets injured while cutting through my yard to read the neighbors meter? I don't have to allow them access to her meter and I can stop it with a phone call to the power company but I don't want to start anything with my weird neighbor.

wrenchooper

Here in wisconsin its called a utility easement and they have the right to come as far as the meter
I think the power company is just trying to keep peace

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">