• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is an anonymous police report possible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tim5478

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have a very noisy neighbor who blasts his TV, I think he has some huge subwoofer or something, early in morning and even around 2-3 am sometimes.

It's very annoying, he doesn't keep it on all the time, just blasts it for like 10-15 minutes, turns it down, and blasts it again in a cycle - usually machine gun firing or a car chase. I think he does it just to annoy people. I wouldn't care as much if I was awake, but I'm getting sick and tired of waking up in the middle of the night in a panic.

I complained to the manager about him and apparently they don't get involved and I must file a police report.

Issue is that the guy is crazy... seriously. No one can or does talk to him after a first encounter, and from what I heard he does drugs and has all sorts of weapons at home.

So as you can imagine he'd probably flip if a police report is filed against him.

Does anyone know if it's possible to file a completely anonymous police report with the LAPD? The guy is so crazy that I also feel uncomfortable for an officer who will probably have to visit him to check the noise.

I'm really not sure what to do at this point. Any advise?

I hope to be able to find an affordable place to move to in the future but nothing's coming up. Sucks that so-called humans like him ruin places and affect lives.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have a very noisy neighbor who blasts his TV, I think he has some huge subwoofer or something, early in morning and even around 2-3 am sometimes.

It's very annoying, he doesn't keep it on all the time, just blasts it for like 10-15 minutes, turns it down, and blasts it again in a cycle - usually machine gun firing or a car chase. I think he does it just to annoy people. I wouldn't care as much if I was awake, but I'm getting sick and tired of waking up in the middle of the night in a panic.

I complained to the manager about him and apparently they don't get involved and I must file a police report.

Issue is that the guy is crazy... seriously. No one can or does talk to him after a first encounter, and from what I heard he does drugs and has all sorts of weapons at home.

So as you can imagine he'd probably flip if a police report is filed against him.

Does anyone know if it's possible to file a completely anonymous police report with the LAPD? The guy is so crazy that I also feel uncomfortable for an officer who will probably have to visit him to check the noise.

I'm really not sure what to do at this point. Any advise?

I hope to be able to find an affordable place to move to in the future but nothing's coming up. Sucks that so-called humans like him ruin places and affect lives.
When you call them and ask them not to contact you and that you don't want your identity divulged when they pay a visit to your noisy neighbor.

Absolutely. I would be very, very surprised to hear of a police department that doesn't have an "anonymous tip line". Also I'd bet if you call the non emergency police number, explain the situation, and tell them you want to remain annonymous, they will probably try to accommodate you.

blocked

My friend tried to make a call and not let it be known who made it. All the person had to do was request a copy of the police report and all the information will be on the report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">