• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arkansas Squatter's Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arkansass

What is the name of your state?Arkansas
Hi - My sister and I inherited a small piece of land (3.22acres) in Fox County, Arkansas. Since we both reside in CA, we haven't gotten a chance to get out there and clean up the property and maintain it. Also, there are old vehicles, tires and a small structure on the property. I wanted to know what my rights were if anyone was squatting on the land, how I could prevent that, and if I could be sued if anyone gets hurt on it. We've received a few inquiries about selling it by people who have told us they've been on our land recently. Since this land is sentimental to us, obviously we want to keep it in the family, but want to take precautions as well. Thanks so much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">