• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back yard being sold at tax sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stevefan

What is the name of your state? utah
Hello everyone, I found out a week ago(tax sale notice) my property line is shifted to the east about 30 ft into the road in front of my house because of old survey lines not matching the lots with the paper lots. the apartment complex behind me sold out in 1999 and had a new survey done and it put the new survey ine on my back fenceline where I always thought it was, but this left a strip of land behind me and five other homes of about 30feet wide strip of property that is being sold at tax sale may22nd 2008 because the old owner of the apartment complex didn't pay taxes on the strip of land that was resurveyed and adjust back 30ft but he never figured he owed because its our back yards after all. the the only way out is to have the owner on the deed ,deed the property to us home owners and we paid his back taxes and we pay for a new survey but, no one has the money or time to do any thing. and this is so unfair to us. You can clearly see that we own the fenced in property and no one else should but, they say its a legal thing nothing they can do.
thanks Steve.

FarmerJ

Would it hurt to talk to your county commisioners to see if the county will add the 30 ft onto each home owners property and spread the cost of the legal work to do so onto each properties tax bill say over 12/24/36 months , This way in the long run it would generate more property tax for them is what I would try to sell them on since the land would become part of each persons lot? any way its worth atleast asking. Many local govts do split up land when the land is not buildable and will add it to adjacent lots to give parcel owners who are interested larger lots .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">