• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad guys for neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

riasezz

What is the name of your state?MI
I own 190 acres and unfortunatly have a motor cycle gang as neighbors. 2 years ago I paid to have the property surveyed they didn't like that and they pulled all but one stake out. Since I didn't see which of them did it the sheriff can't do anything. This group got into trouble last year for selling drugs and the Fed has a lein on their property. Meantime they mow a field where they think the propery line is and it's on about 50 feet of my property. The police have advised me to write the gang a letter telling them I am disputing the property line. Why isn't the fact that I paid to have the property surveyed good enough? I suggested to these jerks that we have it re-surveyed and the looser pays but they've refused. I'd consider sending them a letter but don't a clue what to say.

HomeGuru

riasezz said:
What is the name of your state?MI
I own 190 acres and unfortunatly have a motor cycle gang as neighbors. 2 years ago I paid to have the property surveyed they didn't like that and they pulled all but one stake out. Since I didn't see which of them did it the sheriff can't do anything. This group got into trouble last year for selling drugs and the Fed has a lein on their property. Meantime they mow a field where they think the propery line is and it's on about 50 feet of my property. The police have advised me to write the gang a letter telling them I am disputing the property line. Why isn't the fact that I paid to have the property surveyed good enough? I suggested to these jerks that we have it re-surveyed and the looser pays but they've refused. I'd consider sending them a letter but don't a clue what to say.

**A: we're not here to help people write letters. Think harder and you will know what to say.

John Se

Fence it.....you need to defend the property

Fence it.....you need to defend the property, send them RRR letters notififying them of the encroachment and thank them for mowing you lawn......time to get chummy with your local sheriff, you will need their support.

aleamon

Hmm its called freeadvice.com but its purpose isn't to help someone with writing a letter??? I find that amusing b/c she is just asking us our opinions on what to say, wouldn't that be advice? Personally, I would put stakes up with no trespassing signs, tell them to stay off, hell you can even put a fence on that side (preferably electric) but that still won't matter really if you can't observe it to make sure they aren't trespassing. Hell press charges.....exspecially if they are messing up your property. There should be a loop where the owner of that particular parcel should be held liable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">