• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad neighbors?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marbleguy1

I live in canby oregon and live in an area that we are surrounded by nurserys. along the street I live on there is eight houses on one acre lots. behind us there is approx. 250 acres that has just changed hands. The new owner hired a local company that was to retile the feilds.they retiled and put a drain up against my property possible on it and took out a few of my trees. These were full grown trees atleast twenty years old and a part of my view. The Idea of someone doing this without even asking .Why they even had to put the drain against or on my property when they have 256 acres really ticks me off also. I want the tile company to pay for or replace trees.
what should I do?
thanks
marbleguy1

ontheweb

marbleguy1 said:
I live in canby oregon and live in an area that we are surrounded by nurserys. along the street I live on there is eight houses on one acre lots. behind us there is approx. 250 acres that has just changed hands. The new owner hired a local company that was to retile the feilds.they retiled and put a drain up against my property possible on it and took out a few of my trees. These were full grown trees atleast twenty years old and a part of my view. The Idea of someone doing this without even asking .Why they even had to put the drain against or on my property when they have 256 acres really ticks me off also. I want the tile company to pay for or replace trees.
what should I do?
thanks
marbleguy1
In Michigan if someone destroys your trees they are liable for damages. The amount depends on circumstances. If they believed the trees were theirs but turns out they were not, then single damages apply. If they knew they were not their own trees then treble damages (three times single damages) apply. Mature trees are usually not replaceable and damages can be quite high. You most likely need to file a civil lawsuit once you determine if they truly were your property.

OnTheWeb

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">