• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BAD Neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hatter2154

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I purchased a home 2 yrs ago on a Land Contract. The contract states that my house and the neighbors house has a shared well. I am obligated to pay $10 a month and cover a 1/3 of the repair cost if any. I have maintained this agreement upto a month ago when I recieved a registered letter from my neighbor, stating that I will start paying $45 a month. She then proceeded to shut off the pump periodically for a couple of weeks and then just totally disconnected it and would not turn it back on. I have tried to have a legal action to get the water back on, but the Police Dept. says it is a civil thing and could not do anything. My family has been suffering for over a month with waters on somedays and none most of the days. What can I do to help with the pain and suffering that she has caused? There have been other issues that have arised, but this is the main problem.

Can I sue her for this?
If so, what would I sue for?

She has caused me and my wife to stop talking nice and we have moved from that residence.
Can I sue her for the amount of the house that I lost?

PLEASE HELP ME

FarmerJ

Sounds like you have no choice but to use the services of a atty and have him/her review all of your documents pertaining to the shared well and have them write a letter to the neighbor since likely the nieghbor will continue this choice of actions until you do. Maybe the nieghbor wont give a damn BUT They sure will if you end up wining a civil suit against them. Use the links above and locate a real estate atty.

Yertle8

If I understand correctly, you have now moved?

If that's the case, the problem is resolved. No, you cannot sue her for the money you lost in the sale of the home. If I am misunderstanding I apologize.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I purchased a home 2 yrs ago on a Land Contract. The contract states that my house and the neighbors house has a shared well. I am obligated to pay $10 a month and cover a 1/3 of the repair cost if any. I have maintained this agreement upto a month ago when I recieved a registered letter from my neighbor, stating that I will start paying $45 a month. She then proceeded to shut off the pump periodically for a couple of weeks and then just totally disconnected it and would not turn it back on. I have tried to have a legal action to get the water back on, but the Police Dept. says it is a civil thing and could not do anything. My family has been suffering for over a month with waters on somedays and none most of the days. What can I do to help with the pain and suffering that she has caused? There have been other issues that have arised, but this is the main problem.

Can I sue her for this?
If so, what would I sue for?

She has caused me and my wife to stop talking nice and we have moved from that residence.
Can I sue her for the amount of the house that I lost?

PLEASE HELP ME

**A: did you sell the property?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">