• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Barking Dogs - Home Owners Association

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chris621

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Here are the the specifics:
  • I live in a townhouse with specific contractual Home Owners Association bylaws.
  • One of the bylaws prohibits continuous barking dogs.
  • The adjacent townhouse is owned by someone renting to a renter with three small dogs that bark when left alone.
  • I have informed the renter, HOA president, police, animal services, and HOA manager of the violations.
  • The formal response from the HOA manager was the contractual requirement only applies to dogs barking on the outside of houses not on the inside. There is no language that differentiates between internal and external barking dogs. The HOA manager has not provided specific references or documentation that differentiates.
  • The barking dogs only affect me because they only bark when the renters are away and cannot be heard by other homeowners.
What legal recourse or advice can be offered?

HomeGuru

• I live in a townhouse with specific contractual Home Owners Association bylaws.
  • The adjacent townhouse is owned by someone renting to a renter with three small dogs that bark when left alone.
  • I have informed the renter, HOA president, police, animal services, and HOA manager of the violations.
  • The formal response from the HOA manager was the contractual requirement only applies to dogs barking on the outside of houses not on the inside. There is no language that differentiates between internal and external barking dogs. The HOA manager has not provided specific references or documentation that differentiates.
  • The barking dogs only affect me because they only bark when the renters are away and cannot be heard by other homeowners.
**A: post back when you get more info.

LdiJ

Bottom line? It won't stop unless they get rid of the dogs or unless they get evicted. They won't get rid of the dogs and their landlord is unlikely to evict them if they are otherwise good tenants. You may not have any recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">