• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Basketball net where I park

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cxm378

What is the name of your state?Lancaster, PA
My neighbor and I share a piece of pavement in the back of our homes. It is for parking our cars. She has placed a basketball net in the center of the pavement. I was fine with this at first. I only asked that the kids not play at night and not play when my car is parked back there. It has gotten out of hand. Now, neighborhood kids from all around flock to the net. When I tell them to leave, they ignore me. They play until all hours of the night. They will pound on my sliding glass door and demand that I move my car, and if I refuse, they play ball anyway. I have had several conversations with the neighbor and I have tried to make rules for the kids. She agrees to my face, but then refuses to enforce the rules until I complain. I am tired of the NUISANCE this is causing. Is there a local law that I can show her to convince her to cooperate without suing or calling the police?

Shel77

That would depend on who actually owns this strip of pavment, is it your neighbors and you just have easment rights are is it 50/50?

PghREA

cxm378 said:
I own the pavement behind my home, she owns the other half.
Then she needs to keep the basketball hoop on her side of the pavement and you will have to deal with the kids playing. Most municipalities have a noise ordinance after a certain time at night.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">