• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Been asked to vacate my home by landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laurajane

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
I am a 47 yr old disabled woman, I am presently residing at a friends house. She asked me to move into her one bedroom cottage as a care taker,she is living in another part of NC. She has asked me to vacate the cabin for the night so she may have sexual relations with a man from the area the cabin I live in is located. As I stated earlier I am a disabled woman.I have cancer in my neck bones,Lupus,Rhuematoid arthritis and for the last 6 months have been losing weight due to not being able to eat.
The woman who asked me to live in the cabin as a caretaker, is a friend and presently trying to get her ADHD medication straight. She has a substance abuse problem which tends to make her very irritable.And I believe makes her excitable and angry.
I have lived here for the last 5 months.I can't leave and go else where, while she has her booty call, there is nowhere for me to go.
I need to what my rights are in this situation.It's not that she wants me to move out,she just wants me to leave for a night while she entertains her male friends.:confused:

Last edited:

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
I am a 47 yr old disabled woman, I am presently residing at a friends house. She asked me to move into her one bedroom cottage as a care taker,she is living in another part of NC. She has asked me to vacate the cabin for the night so she may have sexual relations with a man from the area the cabin I live in is located. As I stated earlier I am a disabled woman.I have cancer in my neck bones,Lupus,Rhuematoid arthritis and for the last 6 months have been losing weight due to not being able to eat.
The woman who asked me to live in the cabin as a caretaker, is a friend and presently trying to get her ADHD medication straight. She has a substance abuse problem which tends to make her very irritable.And I believe makes her excitable and angry.
I have lived here for the last 5 months.I can't leave and go else where, while she has her booty call, there is nowhere for me to go.
I need to what my rights are in this situation.It's not that she wants me to move out,she just wants me to leave for a night while she entertains her male friends.:confused:
You dont have to if you dont want to, but im not sure how long you will be living there as a caretaker after you deny her request, she will soon want you to move out. (that takes court orders, but eventually she will have them)

nextwife

What are your living costs there?

If having use of this cottage is a financial benefit for you, it might be worth the cost of a night's hotel stay to maintain peace with your benefactor.

HuAi

If your friend is not springing this on you same day, can you arrange to stay with friends?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">