• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boro issues me citation without notice...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DallasKirk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Due to some unfortunate circumstances with my job in October 2008 I had to move for employment. I put my home up for sale(never sold), and because of paying rent in the new area I simply didnt have the funds to keep paying the mortgage too, so the house has been in foreclosure for 2 years now, and for some reason unknown to me PNC keeps postphoning the foreclosure sale.
The last scheduled foreclosure sale was to happen in August and I was never notified that it had been postphoned so I assumed the property had finally been sold. But to my surprise the other day I get two $150 fines in the mail for the grass being too high at the property, and in addition to the fines they ask me to pay another $25 because the boro had their own people come out and trim the bushes.
My first issue is with there being 2 fines, they are both for the exact same violation "grass, weeds, and other vegitation exceeding limits" but it's for 2 address's. my home is at 603 xxx st, and i got a ticket for there, and 607 xxx st.... 607 isnt a property, its the back yard to 603.... all one deed of land. Can they issue 2 of the exact same violation for the same property???
My next question would be: Wouldnt they somehow have to notify me before they issue citations?? When I originally moved I gave the boro my new address, and they have my phone number. I know they still have it, because they recently did a sewer line replacement for the town and called me to see if i would mind if they put all the stone and pipe in the back yard at that property while the project was underway. Also the tickets all have my updated address on them..... I received no notice, or calls or anything.... can a boro in pennsylvania just start sending out citations like this, with no prior notification????

FlyingRon

Part of the reason they don't foreclose: they'd be responsible for the upkeep, property taxes, etc... The property ain't going anywhere and neither is their security.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Due to some unfortunate circumstances with my job in October 2008 I had to move for employment. I put my home up for sale(never sold), and because of paying rent in the new area I simply didnt have the funds to keep paying the mortgage too, so the house has been in foreclosure for 2 years now, and for some reason unknown to me PNC keeps postphoning the foreclosure sale.
The last scheduled foreclosure sale was to happen in August and I was never notified that it had been postphoned so I assumed the property had finally been sold. But to my surprise the other day I get two $150 fines in the mail for the grass being too high at the property, and in addition to the fines they ask me to pay another $25 because the boro had their own people come out and trim the bushes.
My first issue is with there being 2 fines, they are both for the exact same violation "grass, weeds, and other vegitation exceeding limits" but it's for 2 address's. my home is at 603 xxx st, and i got a ticket for there, and 607 xxx st.... 607 isnt a property, its the back yard to 603.... all one deed of land. Can they issue 2 of the exact same violation for the same property???
My next question would be: Wouldnt they somehow have to notify me before they issue citations?? When I originally moved I gave the boro my new address, and they have my phone number. I know they still have it, because they recently did a sewer line replacement for the town and called me to see if i would mind if they put all the stone and pipe in the back yard at that property while the project was underway. Also the tickets all have my updated address on them..... I received no notice, or calls or anything.... can a boro in pennsylvania just start sending out citations like this, with no prior notification????
1: The citations ARE your notice
2: You have two lots that happened to be on the same deed. Yes, you can get two citations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">