• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

branches

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

layman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wa

Neighbor throws branches at our door (or us) usually after a storm.
They also cut overhanging branches and throw them into our yard.

I have tripped twice coming out the door when they have put branches there. They are not people you can talk to without them swearing and yelling at you. What should I do?

I had agreed to cut back branches for them at their request but then they accuse me of trespass even though I stay on our side.
They have over 60 mostly large bushes and trees next to or on property line and have never trimmed them back.

sally1

It is unlikely your neighbors will behave as adults. You could resort to their childish behavior,and throw things in their yard. Better just to clean up what they toss your way.NFH like yours typically step up their silliness when you retaliate.

I would ignore them and cut back all branches.Better to have them CLAIMING trespass rather than tripping over branches they throw in your yard.

You could cut down the trees in question and cut back all branches/roots of your neighbors plants. Again, this will only worsen the problems, but it might make you feel better short term.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">