• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cmosman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

Neighbor wanted to install playlet, homeowners could not stop but suggested he ask me which I did not like the idea since set is ugly but agreed to let him install if he would landscape so I didn't see it. He agreed to landscape this spring and now changed his mind and says wont do it. This is an eyesore and could have negative effect on value of my home. All agreements were done electronically by email, I stated I didn't like it but would allow it if he landscaped it and he sent reply that he would plant trees as discussed. Can I sue for breach and where should I do it?

latigo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

Neighbor wanted to install "playlet"(?), homeowners could not stop but suggested he ask me which I did not like the idea since set is ugly but agreed to let him install if he would landscape so I didn't see it. He agreed to landscape this spring and now changed his mind and says wont do it. This is an eyesore and could have negative effect on value of my home. All agreements were done electronically by email, I stated I didn't like it but would allow it if he landscaped it and he sent reply that he would plant trees as discussed. Can I sue for breach and where should I do it?
What is a "playlet" other than a short play?

Why would the neighbor need your permission? Do you hold title to the ground upon which this thing was staged or erected? And if you do not, where is the consideration to support the promise to "landscape"?

And what means "he would landscape"? Improvements to the site that were to meet with your approval or his? Were landscapping plans prepared and signed?

How about a time frame? Was there any? And maintenance . . . . .?

If you dont see where this is headed and you decide to sue the guy, the judge will explain it to you as he politely asks you to exist the same door from whence you entered. And hopefully, for your sake, without a Rule 11 Order directing you to pay the guy's attorney fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">