• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Burning down the house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ortrud

State of Michigan
We have donated our house to the fire department for training purposes. When they have burned it to the ground, we will start building a new house. My neighbor is concerned (as he should be) that his house will be damaged in the process. He says that he needs an insurance rider, that he wants to be a named insured on the fire department's insurance, and that he wants a 50 year guarantee on his metal roof.
None of my insurance policies (home owners, construction) will cover this type of demo. However the Fire Chief assures me that this can be done without any damage to the neighbor's house. The Fire Chief says that he has insurance coverage for his part.
What other pitfalls may I missed here?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">