• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Busted pot growing neighbor using easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

someguy

What is the name of your state? Washington
My neighbor, both him & her were arrested, now out on bail for growing pot in their home. They have an easement to use our driveway to reach their property, although 1) they have their own driveway and 2) we are looking into the validity of the easement because our paperwork does NOT show a reason or use for the easement, i.e. ingress/egress, he states his does; he has used it for 10+ years. It was suggested to put speed bumps on the drive to piss them off and they will use thier own drive. Anything else we can do because they were busted for grown pot and probably used my drive to haul canibis up and down on it? I just want this guy to go away.
Thanks.

M

Meursault

Without knowing what your deed and HIS says about the easement, or if the plat map or other closing documents have it listed, there's not much we can tell you.

IF the easement exists, then you're SOL.

Regardless, you need to have a real estate attorney research the existence of the easement before you do anything supid like putting speed bumps down.

S

someguy

OK thanks, but...

the speed bumps would not be stopping him from using the drive, I wouldnt be hindering him or denying him access...I'm just...um...slowing his car down so he wont drive over my kids or dog, plus it would help divert rain runoff, ya, thats it!

Souix

someguy said:
What is the name of your state? Washington
My neighbor, both him & her were arrested, now out on bail for growing pot in their home. They have an easement to use our driveway to reach their property, although 1) they have their own driveway and 2) we are looking into the validity of the easement because our paperwork does NOT show a reason or use for the easement, i.e. ingress/egress, he states his does; he has used it for 10+ years. It was suggested to put speed bumps on the drive to piss them off and they will use thier own drive. Anything else we can do because they were busted for grown pot and probably used my drive to haul canibis up and down on it? I just want this guy to go away.
Thanks.
***You say you have paperwork with regard to the easement? What does it state?

S

someguy

It mentions there is an easement, where it is, 15 feet wide, a diagram, etc...but nothing I find in my paperwork or at the county records office states it's purpose, the problem is the drive is literally 6 feet from my house as they drive past. Yes I bought the house knowing this...ya, so what, it doesnt mean I like it. How can I get a copy of HIS records...without asking him for it. My title company could not find anything either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">