• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cable lines across my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ms.S

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NM
A cable company installed the neighbors cable lines across my property w out permissions or legal easement. We are always tripping on them. What are my rights?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NM
A cable company installed the neighbors cable lines across my property w out permissions or legal easement. We are always tripping on them. What are my rights?
Are they laying on the ground? Call the cable company and let them know. Your neighbor may be stealing signal. :cool:

Ms.S

I contacted Comcast and they have done nothing about it. The neighbors are legally paying for cable

NC Aggie

Well there are two things you need to verify and it sounds like you're pretty certain about the first thing. Are you certain this line was run across your property and outside of an an easement or the right of way? Secondly, you should verify that by agreeing to allow Comcast to provide you service that you have not given them permission to extend their service to additional customers across your property. Secondly, is it possible that this is a temporary line because there's no reason that the line should be exposed. This just doesn't sound like anything a reputable cable company or contractor for a reputable cable company would do.

csi7

Check with code enforcement in your local area.
Visible cable wires are required to be installed properly and meet standards, just like any other utility company.
The company can be fined for this wire laying on the ground.
Temporary lines have a time limit to be placed in the ground, as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">