• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my neighbor put a fence over septic tank or drainfield easement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Emily2007

What is the name of your state? Washingtoin

I have drainfield easement and septic tank on my neighbour's property which is next to my house. My neighbour built 6~7 foot wooden fence on boundary line between my house and his property after my house built,however he built it over my septic tank. I'm just wondering if he can put fence on the septic tank and drainfield easement.

My property is landlocked and my neighbour built fence infront of my house and next to my house. I have only 15 feet easement to get into my property.
I have only 19 feet between my garage and his fence,so it's hard to get out from my garage. I don't have enough drive way to turn my car because he built fence infront of my garage and next to my garage. I'm having a hard time to get out from my property!

I hope he'll remove the fence. I can't enjoy my property because of the fence. I told him to remove the fence,but he didn't want to remove it. He kept saying,"It's my property! I can build fence on my property." I hope that he can't put fence in drainfield easement, and septic tank, so I can ask him to remeve it.

Last edited:

lcannister

Are the easements deeded with the property and then what does it say concerning the easement?

If the other property is his, be it in front of your garage or not he has the right to fence it IF of course per a SURVEY he is indeed on his property.

I find it a bit surprising you have the right to put your septic tank on the property someone else owns? What kind of easement do you have exactly?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">