• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can neighbors use this space for parking?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddie08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

This is just a question to satisfy my curiosity about something that happened in the past. We have moved, and this is no longer a concern.

We used to rent a home in the city with our backyard bordering on an alley. After the grass ended and the alley began, we had a concrete slab on our property. Frequently, neighbors would park on that slab. That is not really something they should have done, correct?

Also, if we decided to have the car towed, would the homeowner have had to call, or is that something that we, as renters, could have handled?

HomeGuru

: I skipped over it because there was not enough information provided.

Last edited by a moderator:

maddie08

Fair enough, HomeGuru. If you don't mind answering a question strictly for educational purposes, I'll provide you with any additional info required.

HomeGuru

Fair enough, HomeGuru. If you don't mind answering a question strictly for educational purposes, I'll provide you with any additional info required.
**A: who owns the property that the concrete slab is on? If the landlord owns, was this area covered in your lease as part of the leased premises?

Last edited:

maddie08

The landlord owns it, and it was part of the yard. The entire backyard was ours to use, including this concrete slab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">