• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can we claim this land?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hali

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

There is a small piece of land beside my mom's home (60 X 135). On the other side of this property is a road that leads to a factory. The factory owner does not own this property, but has a right-a-way. The owner of this land has never kept it up (at least for 38 years) so my parents have always mowed this land and continue to do so. Is there a way to claim this land as ours since we are the ones maintaining it? We have contacted the owner over two years ago to purchase this land, but he has not returned our call. Is there anything we can do?
Thanks

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

There is a small piece of land beside my mom's home (60 X 135). On the other side of this property is a road that leads to a factory. The factory owner does not own this property, but has a right-a-way. The owner of this land has never kept it up (at least for 38 years) so my parents have always mowed this land and continue to do so. Is there a way to claim this land as ours since we are the ones maintaining it? :)rolleyes:)We have contacted the owner over two years ago to purchase this land, but he has not returned our call. Is there anything we can do?
Thanks
Your parents need to talk with an attorney. You, per your posting, would have no "right" to this land.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">