• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you take photos and video from inside your home?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mitchelt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Westminster, CO

I am on the Board for our HOA.

We have a resident that has setup a video camera inside of there home and video tapes everything their neighbor does because they are upset over a french drain that they installed.

The resident in question also video tapes and takes photos of their neighbors including there children over the fence in an effort to somehow prove they are touching there fence.

I know you can take a photo in public without permission, but this seems to be getting out of hand.

What do you think?

xylene

OK, well I am a lunatic.

So if was the neighbor being filmed...

I would be out there morning noon and night touching the fence.

Touch

Touch

I would make like I had scratched my backside and then make a big production of wiping my hand on the fence with a big satisfied look.

Basically do anything to provoke them into a real crime that I could prosecute or sue them over.

Problem "solved."

csi7

Have the kids make a banner, finger paint and place it where the neighbor videotapes the property.

You can also post a "no trespassing" sign where the person is videotaping as well.

Exactly what is the problem the neighbor has? Sometimes, a misunderstanding can be resolved with an objective third party working with the complainer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">