• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cat messing in my garden

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

panspeople

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I am in the UK. I have just spent �5000 landscaping my garden. Next door's cat gets let out every day, and he comes into my garden and craps all over the place.
Do I have any legal options to prevent the cat coming into my garden?

panspeople

why was allowed to register and enter 00000 into the zip because "I wasn't in the USA"?

Ah well, will have to put up with cat crap.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
why was allowed to register and enter 00000 into the zip because "I wasn't in the USA"?

Ah well, will have to put up with cat crap.
So...

One guy on a forum in a different country tells you that they don't handle UK law and you give up. I guess the problem really wasn't that bothersome.

TigerD

I am in the UK. I have just spent �5000 landscaping my garden. Next door's cat gets let out every day, and he comes into my garden and craps all over the place.
Issue a proclamation requiring a 2 cent stamp be placed on all garden bowel movements. Wait for cat to poop all over your porch in protest. Send in the red coated bunnies to enforce order. Cat's friends write a series of essays to promote free garden pooping. These become known as the Garden Papers. Red Coated bunnies begin committing atrocities against neighborhood squirrels. Neighbor, cats, squirrels and free bunnies send you their letter citing a long train of abuses -- it becomes known as the Poop Sheet. The squirrels get organizational assistance from the blue jays and the crows, who have participated in a long fight against your car begin to debate coming into the impending conflict on the cat's side. After the Battle of Sidewalk Shrubs, an entire contingent of red coated bunnies is captured and the crows enter the fight. Shortly afterward you sue for peace and your garden has secured its independence. A few years later you will realize that declining property value has left you underwater and you are fighting with a real estate developer when the cat comes to your aid and saves your home to use as a cute vacation spot for college students and historians. You are allowed to continue the illusion of self direction as long as you send troops to whatever war the cat starts.

The moral: When you mess with someone else's crap, you had better be holding toilet paper.

TD

PS: The cat says 'Merica. That's why.

Just Blue

Issue a proclamation requiring a 2 cent stamp be placed on all garden bowel movements. Wait for cat to poop all over your porch in protest. Send in the red coated bunnies to enforce order. Cat's friends write a series of essays to promote free garden pooping. These become known as the Garden Papers. Red Coated bunnies begin committing atrocities against neighborhood squirrels. Neighbor, cats, squirrels and free bunnies send you their letter citing a long train of abuses -- it becomes known as the Poop Sheet. The squirrels get organizational assistance from the blue jays and the crows, who have participated in a long fight against your car begin to debate coming into the impending conflict on the cat's side. After the Battle of Sidewalk Shrubs, an entire contingent of red coated bunnies is captured and the crows enter the fight. Shortly afterward you sue for peace and your garden has secured its independence. A few years later you will realize that declining property value has left you underwater and you are fighting with a real estate developer when the cat comes to your aid and saves your home to use as a cute vacation spot for college students and historians. You are allowed to continue the illusion of self direction as long as you send troops to whatever war the cat starts.

The moral: When you mess with someone else's crap, you had better be holding toilet paper.

TD

OMG!!! THAT IS f...lipping wicked funny! You made me choke with laughter! :cool::D

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Are moth balls against the law in the UK? :cool:

Proserpina

TD

Best. Post. EVER.

FarmerJ

Outside of calling your local council offices to learn what if any city ordinances are there that address people who let pets roam ( leash laws ) or I guess you could play this loudly outside and in between calling out `here kitty kitttty kittttty` playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn2Sa5UGxK8

Ben T

I have used monofilament line as a invisible barrier against deer. You could run some low height wood stakes and whilst stringing the monofilament make sure it is of low strength so that a cat would not get strangled. The encroaching cat would bump into the string and hopefully retreat. I am not too sure what would happen if the animal got entangled/buggered - but then again people in the UK are fond of letting pussycat out vs. keeping them inside. There was a documentary about this UK-based phenomenon a while ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2340714/The-Secret-Life-Cat-What-mischievous-moggies-gets-owners-backs.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">