• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CC&R violation having Bounce house for party

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momoko888

suprised to see notice of hearing letter from HOA about we had bounce house at landscape area behind the Club house for a Sat event. Community have parties every weekend but never aware this is an issue that we need Board prior approval. What wording should I use in the hearing to best describe that I did not aware this is an issue as everyone have bounce house for parties thru out the year?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

What wording should I use in the hearing to best describe that I did not aware this is an issue as everyone have bounce house for parties thru out the year?
Do you mean; what should I write to let them know I was ignorant of the rules and somehow that should mean they cannot enforce them?

Nothing.

Your only argument I can see is that if others are allowed (not just that they have them but actually allowed to have bounce houses), there is a precedent set by allowing others to violate the CC&Rs.

Trying to argue that you should be allowed to have the bounce house because others have had bounce houses (against the rules) and gotten away with it is not a valid defense. You may simply be the straw that broke the camel's back and they must make an example to prevent further disregard of the rules.

That would be a touchy situation to do that and not have it seen as selective enforcement that can be shown to show a prejudice against you for whatever reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">