• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change scope/overburden easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mullenchew

Change scope/overburden easement, Ca

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca.
I own a 40 A parcel created by the (un-authorized, 1971) subdivision of a 10,000 acre cattle ranch. The developer created a road linking all the parcels but didn't record or survey the road. The deeds contain a recorded intent to provide easements. Three of the larger parcels have a recorded granted easement to the State Highway, the rest do not. The owner of a 40 A parcel behind me who drives across my property without a recorded granted easement, has created a campground and rental cabins and plans to host group events. The original owner of that parcel never visited the property and sold it 8 years ago to a party who brought in a trailer, put a roof over it and used it for weekend visits. 3 years ago, the current owners bought and moved onto the property and lived there year around.
I am concerned by the additional traffic on the road across my property and vacationers riding ATV's and horses on my property. How do I proceed to protect my road from overuse and continue my own enjoyment of my part time home.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

HuAi

Does the landowner behind you have a recorded easement against your section of the road? If so, please post the exact verbiage (don't paraphrase).

mullenchew

No recorded grant of easement. "The owner of a 40 A parcel behind me who drives across my property without a granted easement"

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">