• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DDMan

What is the name of your state? CA
The City has an 'Right of Way?' :confused: easement to access a water pump station behind our property. The easement driveway starts at the front of the house and goes through our back yard. It is gated along the driveway between the front and back yard and between the backyard and city property. We park vehicles, RV and Trailer in the back and a car in the front. The city is going to begin construction of an upgraded pump station and is asking us to keep the driveway clear M-F 8-5 pm for 2 years:(. Question 1. Is the city obligated to pay for vehicle storage? Since the easement goes through my back yard, what are my options with my children and pets. Have them inform me daily before use so I can secure pets and children. Have them put up a fence to enclose our non-easement area of the back yard.:(
Is the city obligated to inform me prior to each use of the easement or is the letter describing the 2 year plan sufficient

Thanks,
DDmanWhat is the name of your state?

Shay-Pari'e

What is the name of your state? CA
The City has an 'Right of Way?' :confused: easement to access a water pump station behind our property. The easement driveway starts at the front of the house and goes through our back yard. It is gated along the driveway between the front and back yard and between the backyard and city property. We park vehicles, RV and Trailer in the back and a car in the front. The city is going to begin construction of an upgraded pump station and is asking us to keep the driveway clear M-F 8-5 pm for 2 years:(. Question 1. Is the city obligated to pay for vehicle storage?No.

Since the easement goes through my back yard, what are my options with my children and pets. You knew there was an easement, therefore you keep your kids and your pets safe from the construction.
Have them inform me daily before use so I can secure pets and children.You could ask, I'm sure they wouldn't mind doing that if you cooperate.
Have them put up a fence to enclose our non-easement area of the back yard.:(That would be on you, not them.Is the city obligated to inform me prior to each use of the easement or is the letter describing the 2 year plan sufficient The two year plan is sufficient, but again, you could make friendly with them and ask them to notify you.

DDmanWhat is the name of your state?

Shay-Pari'e

On a further note, think of it like this. *It is their drive way and they have allowed you to park there. Now they need that drive way cleared for them to do their job*.

It sucks, but just in case check your CCR's on the deed to the property.

DDMan

Thanks for the quick reply. I figured that was the case. We have had a good relationship with the city to date, so we will be friendly to make the best of the situation.

DDMan

Actually, it is our property and our driveway; however, the city has a right to use it. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Shay-Pari'e

Actually, it is our property and our driveway; however, the city has a right to use it. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Does not make a difference, that is why it is an easement. they own that easement, not you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">